Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Tool #7
This is a digital story I created using iMovie through the T3 training. It is a sample of what I would expect my students to create. It was an interesting and fun experience! I first created a storyboard showing scene by scene what I had planned for the entire video. Then I wrote a script for the voice over. I spent a day creating the pieces in the video and then also recording the video. Knowing that I would be doing a voice over, I had to keep the script in mind as I did the video recording. This was difficult because I was worried that I either made the video clips too long or too short. Later when I put everything together on iMovie, I found that it wasn't a big issue because of all the editing tools available to me. I enjoyed choosing the background music, sound effects, and video effects.
I actually was able to assign a digital story project at the end of this past school year. Given a function word problem, my students had to identify the type of function and explain how they solved the problem. They were required to include a picture of a graph of the function. Everything else was left open as far as how they wanted to present their problem. I think they did well for their first time applying a digital story to math (I can see it being much easier with LA or SS). I had groups do a movie with students acting, some chose to do animation, some used paper props similar to mine, and one group did clay animation! Some chose to use voice overs, others chose to just show text. Most of the groups added music but the one thing I didn't think about that I will definitely be more conscious of the next time is copyright issues. The students had a great time creating their digital stories and I plan on doing more next school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know that students love using the Macs and using i movie is just so user friendly. I am glad that you were able to find a way for the students to make an imovie in a math class. Kids today are so technology oriented that it comes natural to them. Good job. I'll bet you will be able to come up with even more ideas for next year.
ReplyDeleteI liked your movie. Did you use a MAC to create it?
ReplyDeleteMarialice,
ReplyDeleteYes, I iMovie on a Macbook to create it. :)
would you be able to help me please with posting a photostory? I have no idea how to do it.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!