1. Building an online education community is a great way for a teacher to help students take ownership of their learning by interacting in a blog with one another through comments. The teacher acts as a facilitator by creating and monitoring a blog posing problems and questions while the students have the opportunity to become the expert as they share their ideas. Many times I have experienced trying to explain a concept in many different ways possible and still not be able to get through to a student. Then another student in the class will try and all of a sudden it makes sense!
2. I am totally a "lurker" when it comes to commenting on blogs. I'm the type of person who likes to sit back and listen to (or read about) what people have to say. I get caught up in what others have said and think that I may not have anything else meaningful to say. I definitely plan to make my blog a safe place for students to share their thoughts. I found the tips on commenting very useful. I especially like the ideas of teaching students how to comment and setting boundaries (comment policy). I also plan to interact with my commenters by trying to respond to their comments because I find that I am more likely to continue to share my thoughts if I feel that they are valued or at least heard.
3. Haven't posted a comment yet. Still "lurking"! :p
Ok, so now I have posted a comment on the following 3 blogs (2 more to go):
Bloogers
With Blog All Things Are Possible
Amy's House
So here are the last 2 that I have commented on:
Dawson Daily
Shelly's Tool Kit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment