Monday, June 14, 2010

Tool #4

1. This is the google document I created for my family to fill out. This is a great way to keep track of everyone's information in one place rather than keeping up with everyone's individual emails and info. I love how it transfers everyone's information into one spreadsheet.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZMX2cwZTZQQXRyZUd2MTNGSlJVR2c6MQ

2. On Google Reader I have subscribed to:
Blithe Blog
Anya's Annotations
Wegs Online
E1even Too1s
Amy's House

3. Google Docs are a great way for teachers to collaborate with one another especially your teaching partner when creating lesson plans, assignments, tests, quizzes, etc. As for students, in a math class, students can use this to work in groups on a project. This would allow them to work with one another easily outside of the classroom. I can also see my students creating surveys and collecting data the way I did with my family. All of their information would then be transferred into a spreadsheet and they can also create graphs and such.

Google Reader is a good way to keep updated with the blogs that you visit frequently. I can see this being used in the classroom if I have each one of my students create their own math blogs and require them to add new posts. I can quickly keep track of those who post to their blogs and those that don't.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using google doc to create spreadsheets. Kids can share the info from home. I never thought of using a spreadsheet to gather familky info. I will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're incredible! I can hardly believe you are nearly finished with the 11 tools. I guess you have had some time while waiting for baby. There are so many ways to utilize technology. How are we going to get maximum participation from our students while centering our efforts on Pre-AP Algebra curriculum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to investigate more of google docs...you seem to be up on all this...so be prepared for me to pick your brain a lot!

    ReplyDelete